It is with much excitement that we welcome Evan Piekara to the NeuraFlash team! Evan, a versatile and innovative leader with 15+ years experience leading strategy, change management, and digital transformation efforts, was recently named a Washington Business Journal 40 Business Leaders under 40! Evan holds an undergraduate degree from Connecticut College, a Masters in the Science of Teaching from Pace University, and an MBA from Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business.
Most recently, Evan was the Senior Manager of Change Management at Acumen Solutions where he supported the growth of the Change Management practice by teaming with clients to solve complex business challenges. Prior to his role at Acumen Solutions, Evan was the Senior Manager of the Public Sector (PS) Practice at BDO USA, LLP where he was a key figure in the launch of the PS consulting practice including leading client delivery, designing and managing performance metrics, customer success, and internal talent development efforts.
As the new Change Management Practice Lead here at NeuraFlash, Evan will be leveraging Change Management and Project Management principles to solve complex business challenges, align actions, and optimize impact. Evan and his team member Helen Walker will be focusing on the people side of change - including changes to business processes, systems, and organizational structures. Helen, a skilled Change Manager with a passion for helping organizations reach their next level with technology, has over 15 years of experience in helping organizations develop best-practice learning solutions, deep expertise in multimodal training, and executive coaching. They will work together to drive increased benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes for key projects across our organization!
“Evan is an incredible Change Management and Digital Transformation Practice Leader. He's been at NeuraFlash for only a few weeks, and he and his teammate Helen are exceeding expectations already. What a gamer! Not only is he well versed in Salesforce but he is a masterful problem solver and communicator. Change management is so critical for our customers to maximize their investment in AI, Salesforce and Amazon.” -Brett Chisholm, CEO, NeuraFlash
Evan is highly adept in strategic planning and driving results. He is always learning and mentoring, and continues to find ways to get involved to better his team and company by supporting and leading internal initiatives and sharing industry thought leadership. In addition to his impressive background, he is passionate about using business to support his community and currently serves on the boards of four incredible nonprofits!
“My first impression of NeuraFlash was: Here is a company that values their people & practices,” Evan said. “The long-term goals and growth strategy of where NeuraFlash is heading is a big reason why I joined the team. We are helping our clients solve some fascinating business challenges and the ability to use our innovative practices to enhance our customers’ business is also really exciting. I am thrilled for the opportunity to define what Change Management looks like at NeuraFlash and to help set up clients for success” -Evan Piekara
- Project Management (PMP)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Prosci-trained Change Manager
- Salesforce (Administrator)
- 4X Salesforce Ranger (820+ badges)
Evan’s recent Honors:
- Designing “Impact Consulting” course for MBA programs
- Author, Case In Point: Crafting Your Consulting Career, published by Burgee Atlantic in April, 2021
- Co-Author with Marc Cosentino, Case In Point: Government and Nonprofit, published by Burgee Atlantic in February, 2019
- Advisor, vCoach Academy – an India-based career coaching start-up that leverages artificial intelligence
To get to know Evan on a more personal level, we asked him “What are some facts that people might not know about you?”
- Evan is a diehard Yankees and Patriots fan (yes, try to figure that one out)! Growing up in Massachusetts, his grandfather told stories of the great baseball players of his generation, many of whom happened to be Yankees. Evan joined the fan club and never looked back! He stayed local for his football fandom - so that his family and friends could at least tolerate him for part of the year.
- Evan was a 6th and 7th grade english teacher, part of Teach for America in the South Bronx and credits this experience with helping him build strong change management skills. He is still in touch with many of his amazing former students!
- Evan loves spending time with his wife, Prita, and 21 month old daughter, Anaiya. As a family, they enjoy going on hikes with their dog, Drogo (for any Game of Thrones fans).
- You can most likely always find Evan at a sporting event on the weekend!
- Lastly, Evan enjoys leading career guidance workshops whenever possible and mentoring people throughout the various stages of their careers. He feels blessed to have learned from some phenomenal mentors, wants to pay it forward, and help others reach their full career potential.
Want to work with Evan? We are hiring! Check out our open positions here.