Portable Toilet Supplier Seamlessly Services 300,000 Appointments Per Day with Salesforce Field Service
Laying the foundation for rapid growth
In the last few years, the field service industry has experienced robust growth with the need for an improved customer experience to stay ahead of the competition.
The leading supplier of porta potty rentals was scaling at a rapid pace due to merging and acquiring several other companies that came with different processes, systems, and siloed data. Frustrations began to arise across their workforce which led to their search for a robust solution that could transform both their employee and customer experience, from first contact to job completion.
A strong discovery
After some of our initial discussions with the customer, it wasn’t a case of just adopting new technology to meet customer needs. Rather, it was about fundamentally changing how they used the Salesforce platform to work together across the organization to keep up with their impressive growth trajectory. It was of the utmost importance to their team to connect their employees, customers, and technicians in their delivery process to ensure they were thinking about the end-to-end customer experience and not just how they’ve delivered in the past.
Two of the biggest challenges they faced with their old system and processes were limited visibility and inefficient, manual processes.
Limited visibility into their workers, assets and customers caused operational inefficiencies, lost money, and a lack of visibility into their inventory system. Time was spent manually tracking inventory by memory, and their siloed, branch-based processes didn’t allow them to track the exact location of any of their assets. Not only did this also lead to extra driving time, but the customers were affected as well as their needs were not being met in a timely manner. and additional customer service needs.
These manual processes didn’t just impact tracking, but also led to inefficiencies when it came to scheduling. Their siloed operations teams were spending the majority of their time fixing shift changes, which included numerous calls to communicate fast changes. This not only distracted their field agents, but it contributed to mistakes in the field. Operationally, they were rerouting their static routes, which led to missed appointments for set up, removal and/or maintenance, and an uptick in gas prices
As they continued to grow, but so did their frustrations. That is when they decided to invest in the Salesforce platform, with the help of NeuraFlash!
An important element of great service is consistency.
To make a real change for their organization, our customer needed a solution that would provide consistency, and that was possible with Salesforce Field Service.
Here's how a digital-first field service solution helped them rise to every occasion
- Implementation of basic inventory management across multiple branches
- Creation of a tracking system that made their complex inventory issues easy
- Each asset is now tagged, and when in service, it is scanned
- Ability to view the time and location of each asset, and what tech has serviced them - all through the convenience of their phone
- Can more strategically route appointments, saving coordinators time
- Minimized travel and gas time, and late or missed appointments
- An increase in service trips
- 2 more per tech, which resulted in approximately 5,000 more services per day
- An increase in credibility amongst their customers, proving to be the industry leader that they are
- An uptick in repeat business allowing them to scale
- With visibility into asset history, they can provide more consistent and accurate service in the field
- Agents can now accurately address customer complaints and do more than just issue credits over the phone
- Now they can see the specific technician that serviced an asset, the time at which it was serviced and the specific geolocation (this action has saved them millions of dollars in credits given incorrectly)
This implementation didn’t just positively impact the customer and agent experience—it had immediate, visible business benefits:
40% reduction in manual processes
30% increase in utilization
300k+ service appointments per day
3000+ users across the US
With the right digital-first field service solution, this industry leader is staying ahead of the curve. They now have the ability to address challenges with greater operational awareness, agility, and adaptiveness.
NeuraFlash provided credibility, deep Salesforce Field Service expertise, and thought leadership to guide their team towards the optimal solution for their business. We worked together to do more than simply implement the solution but built a roadmap and platform they can leverage as they continue to scale the business, aggressively growing organically and through acquisition, utilizing their system to deliver a streamlined end-to-end customer process from Order through Servicing.
When you are ready for your digital transformation, get in touch with us!